Our Lizzy's Recipe: Tomato & Chestnut Rolls
Fun to make your own rolls. Makes a nice change from sandwiches for a picnic.
Ready in 50 mins
- 300g puff pastry
- 1 small onion
- 180g cooked chestnuts
- 6 sun dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 tbsp sun dried tomato paste
- 75 -100g breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp mixed herbs of choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & black pepper
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and process until the mixture comes together.
- Shape into sausages. This amount will make about 6. Line a tray with baking parchment and place the sausages on it. Chill in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6
- Roll out the pastry to a rectangle 60 x 20cm Trim the edges to neaten. Cut into six even rectangles.
- Place a sausage across the top of each pastry rectangle. Roll the pastry to enclose the filling. Brush the pastry edges with water to seal.
- Place the sausage rolls on trays lined with parchment. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden-brown and cooked through.
For details of cookery classes and parties see www.ourlizzy.com or contact Lizzy on 01684 892 688. Lizzy also offers tailor made cookery sessions.