Our Lizzy Recipe: Autumn Quinoa
Make a healthy change for good! Try quinoa - it’s high in protein and packed with all the essential amino acids your body needs.
Ready in 20 mins
½ cup quinoa
1 cup water
1 red onion, sliced
2 carrots finely shredded
1 small eating apple sliced
1 tsp coriander seeds crushed
1 tbsp sesame seeds crushed
1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
2 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed oil
large handful of shredded kale
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Rinse the quinoa well in a sieve.
- Add the quinoa to a pan, cover with the water and bring to the boil. Simmer for ten minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and leave to absorb remaining water. Quinoa will increase by 3 to 4 times in volume and when cooked has a light fluffy texture.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the red onion, ginger, apple and carrot and cook until starting to caramelise.
- Add the crushed coriander seeds and sesame seeds and a good handful of kale. Cook until the kale has wilted then adds the cooked quinoa.
- Season well and stir carefully to combine.
For details of cookery classes and parties see www.ourlizzy.com or contact Lizzy on 01684 892 688. Lizzy also offers tailor made cookery sessions.