Our Lizzy Recipe: Summer Savoury Tarts
Perfect for picnics or served with a salad for a tasty lunch.
Ready in 30 minutes
- 200g Shortcrust pastry
- 1 packet silken tofu
- pinch of turmeric
- pinch of Marigold bouillon powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red onion sliced
- handful of fresh thyme
1. Heat oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
2. Place the tofu in a bowl, mash with a fork. Add a pinch of turmeric and a pinch of bouillon powder. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat a little oil in a pan and add the onion, cook for a few minutes until caramelised. Add the thyme leaves.
4. Roll out the pastry and cut 12 circles, place in a tart tin.
5. Add a spoonful of filling to each pastry circle and top with the onions and thyme.
6. Bake in the hot oven for 15 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.
For details of cookery classes and parties see www.ourlizzy.com or contact Lizzy on 01684 892 688. Lizzy also offers tailor made cookery sessions.