Worcester Victorian Christmas Fayre 2019
28 November 2019 to 01 December 2019
Worcester kicks off the festive season at the end of November with the Christmas Lights Switch On event on Thursday 21st November, followed a week later by the annual Victorian Christmas Fayre.
Since it began in 1992, the The Fayre has become an annual fixture in the city, welcoming hundreds of thousands of visitors each year and staying true to its roots with Victorian themed characters, festive treats, delicious street food and a wonderful atmosphere.
You can spend hours wandering through the city centre, browsing the stalls. Whether you’re looking for a Christmas decoration, a piece of unique jewellery, an unusual item for the home or some edible festive treats, you won’t be disappointed with the varied choice on offer.
There’s also a fantastic programme of entertainment including music and Victorian characters around every corner!
FIVE REASONS TO VISIT
- 200 STALLS: A fabulous street market selling all sorts of delightful Christmas goodies, handmade items and much, much more.
- TASTY TREATS: You won’t go hungry with an unrivalled street food selection! The Fayre has all your festive favourites and some tasty surprises too.
- ATMOSPHERE: The sights, smells and sounds of Christmas come alive at the Fayre! Go back in time and see how Christmas might have looked 150 years ago as Victorian characters fill the historic streets of Worcester.
- FUN OF THE FAIR: A Victorian Fayre wouldn’t be complete without a carousel and fun fair. Step aboard the Galloper to be whisked around to the sound of the traditional barrel organ.
- ENTERTAINMENT: With live music, traditional carols and school choirs on the stages and buskers on every street corner, there is plenty of entertainment at the Fayre to keep you smiling throughout the day.
Thursday 28th November: Noon until 9pm
Friday 29th November: 11am to 9pm
Saturday 30th November: 10am to 8pm
Sunday 1st December: 11am to 5pm