The Nest Recipe: Plum & Almond Slice
A delicious seasonal treat
- 250g cold butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 300g ground almond
- 140g and 25g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- around 6 plums, stoned and cut into 1/6ths
- 50g flaked almonds
- Heat oven to 160°C/fan, 180°C/gas 4. Butter and line a 20x30cm tin with baking paper. Put the butter, sugar and ground almonds into a food processor and pulse to a rough breadcrumb texture. Spoon 1/2 this mix into a bowl and set aside.
- Add 140g flour into the mix left in the processor and whizz till it forms a dough. Tip into the lined tin and press down with the back of a spoon, Bake for 15-20 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool.
- Put the reserved mix back into the processor (save a few tsps for the topping). Add the eggs, the 25g of flour, cinnamon and baking powder and whizz to a soft batter, spread over the base.
- Top with the plums, a little extra caster sugar and cinnamon. Bake for 20 mins then sprinkle with flaked almonds and the saved crumble mix.
- Bake for a further 20 mins. Leave to cool.
This recipe was kindly provided by Neil from The Nest near Ledbury, a family friendly Deli Cafe serving local and artisan produce.
You can find The Nest on the Hereford Road, a few miles outside Ledbury.