Our Lizzy's Recipe: Cashew and Carrot Roast
Perfect for your Festive entertaining!
Ready in 45 minutes - Serves 4
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 225g cashew nuts
- 100g wholemeal bread
- 275ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp fresh herbs, chopped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6, grease and line a loaf tin.
- Place nuts and bread in a food processor and process until they are roughly ground.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and sauté onion until soft. Add the grated carrot and cook briefly.
- Add the stock and herbs bring to the boil then remove from heat.
- Add the nuts and breadcrumbs and mix well, add soy sauce and season.
- Spoon into prepared loaf tin and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
An Our Lizzy Gift Voucher makes a great Christmas present. For details of cookery classes and parties see www.ourlizzy.com or contact Lizzy on 01684 892 688