The Nest Recipe: Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce
2 egg yolks
1 tsp white wine vinegar or tarragon vinegar
TO MAKE EGGS BENEDICT
1 muffin, halved
3 slices of grilled prosciutto
2 poached eggs
- Melt 125g unsalted butter in a saucepan. Keep the butter warm.
- Warm a pyrex bowl over a pan of barely simmering water and add 2 large egg yolks, 1 tsp white wine or tarragon vinegar and whisk continuously until pale and thick, about 3-5 mins.
- Slowly whisk in the warm melted butter, bit by bit until it’s all incorporated and you have a creamy hollandaise. (If it gets too thick add a splash of hot water).
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, keeping warm until needed.
- To make eggs Benedict toast 2 muffin halves, top with the grilled prosciutto and a poached egg, then spoon over a generous helping of hollandaise.
Recipes kindly provided by Neil from The Nest near Ledbury, a family friendly Deli Café serving local and artisan produce.
You can find The Nest on the Hereford Road, a few miles outside Ledbury.