Our Lizzy's Recipe: Asparagus with friend butterbeans
Serves 2 | Ready in 10 minutes
A really simple Spring dish making use of local asparagus. This is also delicious made with purple sprouting broccoli.
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tin of butter beans
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- a bunch of asparagus, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- handful chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin rapeseed oil
- Rinse and drain the butter beans.
- Put a pan on the heat, add the asparagus with a small amount of water.
- When the water has absorbed add some oil. Add the butter beans and fry for a few moments.
- Add the garlic, chilli and lemon zest and cook for two minutes more.
- Remove from heat, season to taste and sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.
- Serve with flatbread or couscous.
For details of cookery classes and parties see www.ourlizzy.com or contact Lizzy on 01684 892 688. Lizzy also offers tailor made cookery sessions.