The Colwall Ale House
The Colwall Ale House, Mill Lane, Colwall, WR13 6HJ
Constructed in the 1530s, in the reign of Henry VIII, it was used as a gathering place for Church festivities and to sell ale for Church funds. In 1614 the Bishop decided that too much ale was being consumed so it was converted into alms houses for the parish poor and remained as housing until the mid 20th century. In the late 1980s the Ale House underwent a full renovation and was transformed into a lovely, atmospheric hall with a kitchen.
Now fully equipped, it is an excellent venue for parties, concerts, classes, club meetings, lectures and rehearsals. With chairs and tables for 60, as well as china, cutlery and glasses, the Ale House can be hired for just £8.50 an hour.
For details please visit our website