Lizzy's Parsnip and Apple Soup
A real winter warmer! The apple gives sweetness and the toasted almonds a lovely crunch on top
Ready in 30 minutes | Serves 4
- 300g parsnips, chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium Bramley apple
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1/2 litre light vegetable stock
- salt and white pepper
- toasted flaked almonds to serve
- Peel and chop the vegetables.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the onion and garlic until softened but not browned. Add the parsnips and apple. Pour on the stock add some of the thyme, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer gently until the parsnip is soft.
- Cool slightly and blend soup using a blender. Add water for a thinner soup. Season to taste.
- Serve with toasted almonds, a few thyme leaves and a drizzle of oil if liked.
For details of cookery classes and parties see www.ourlizzy.com
or contact Lizzy on 01684 892 688