Our Lizzy's Recipe: Autumn Soup
The ingredients are cooked in a tray in the oven. Butternut squash is easy to slice, but this works well with pumpkin later in the season.
Ready in 50 minutes
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- medium butternut squash cut into chunks
- 3cm piece of ginger crushed
- 1 tsp bouillon powder
- ½ litre water
- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Roast the chunks of squash in the oil in the hot oven for 20 minutes. Add the onion, ginger and garlic to the roasting pan and roast for 15 minutes more.
- Place the roasted mixture into a blender and add ½ litre vegetable stock.
- Blend; add more water for a thinner soup. Season to taste.
- Reheat to serve.
Tip: Adding the fresh ginger gives a warming effect and is good for the digestion too.
An Our Lizzy Gift Voucher makes a great Christmas present. For details of cookery classes and parties see www.ourlizzy.com or contact Lizzy on 01684 892 688