Our Lizzy's Recipe: Cashew & Carrot Roast
Perfect for your Festive entertaining!
Serves 6 - Ready in 45 minutes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 225g cashew nuts
- 100g wholemeal bread
- 275ml vegetable stock
- 2 tsp herbs
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6, grease and line a loaf tin.
2. Place nuts and bread in a food processor and process until they are roughly ground.
3. Heat oil in a large saucepan and sauté onion until soft. Add the grated carrot and cook briefly.
4. Add the stock and herbs bring to the boil then remove from heat.
5. Add the nuts and breadcrumbs and mix well add soy sauce and season.
6. Spoon into prepared loaf tin and bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
An Our Lizzy Gift Voucher makes a great Christmas present. For details of cookery classes and parties see www.ourlizzy.com or contact Lizzy on 01684 892 688