Our Lizzy's Recipe: Festive Spiced Shortbread
Makes a great present for friends or relatives!
- 200g margarine
- 100g caster sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 100g rice flour
- tsp ground cinnamon or mixed spice
- good pinch of nutmeg
- extra caster sugar mixed with cinnamon for dusting
- Preheat oven to 150°C/Gas 4.
- Line a flat baking tray with parchment paper.
- Sift flours, nutmeg, spice and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Using your finger tips work the margarine into the mixture.
- Roll out to about 1cm thick and cut into shapes as required.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until crisp.
- Dust with cinnamon caster sugar and cool on a wire rack.
An Our Lizzy Gift Voucher makes a great Christmas present. For details of cookery classes and parties see www.ourlizzy.com or contact Lizzy on 01684 892 688