Our Lizzy's Smokey Bean Chilly
A warming smoky chilli for those chilly days!
Ready in 20 minutes - Serves 4
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 fresh chilli chopped
- 2 tins beans, red kidney or borlotti
- 1 tbsp chipotle chilli paste
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke or soy sauce
1. Rinse and drain the beans.
2. Heat oil in a pan, sauté the onion, then add the fresh chilli and garlic.
3. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil, and stir well.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer for at least 10 minutes. Add water as required.
5. Taste; add additional dried chillies if required.
Serve in wraps or with rice or cous cous and salad.
For details of cookery classes and parties see www.ourlizzy.com
or contact Lizzy on 01684 892 688