Recipe: Mushroom Noodles
Using ingredients from Sweet and Sour Kraut in Malvern Link. A quick and easy dish using Shirataki yam noodles which are really low in calories!
- 15g dried shitake mushrooms
- 198g pack of Shirataki yam noodles (pre-cooked)
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed large pinch of crushed chillies
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp tamari
Ready in 10 minutes plus 30 minutess soaking time
- Place the mushrooms in a bowl and cover with boiling water, cover and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Drain the mushrooms in a colander and pat dry.
- Slice the mushrooms finely.
- Rinse and drain the noodles.
- Heat oil in a wok or shallow pan, add the mushrooms and crushed garlic, cook for a few moments, then add the sliced onion. Cook until soft.
- Add the dark rice vinegar, tamari and chilli flakes.
- Add the drained noodles and stir well.
- Serve immediately topped with fresh parsley or coriander.
From All About Malvern October/November edition 2013
By Lizzy from Our Lizzy Cooking
For details of local cookery classes and parties see www.ourlizzy.com or contact Lizzy on 01684 892 688