Recipe: Our Lizzy's Falafels
A taste of summer holidays to come!
Makes 12, ready in 1 hour
- 250g soaked chick peas
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp tahini (optional)
- 1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- pinch chilli flakes
- salt and pepper
- fresh herbs large handful
Soak the chick peas in a large pan of water for at least 12 hours before using. There is no need to then boil the chick peas - the falafels are cooked in the oven.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor mix until combined.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to gas mark 6/200˚C.
- Take spoonfuls of the falafel mixture and roll into balls.
- Place on a lined baking tray and cook in a hot oven for 15 minutes.
Delicious served with pitta bread and salad.
For details of cookery classes and parties see www.ourlizzy.com or contact Lizzy on 01684 892 688. Lizzy also offers tailor made cookery sessions.